Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Starlab planetarium for sale in michigan, Inherited starlab
Elz8156
post Feb 23 2019, 10:15 PM
Post #1

Interstellar Medium

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,963

I have a starlab portable planetarium I would like to sell. I dont know anything about it. I believe it's a projection style, not sure on the size of the dome. I inherited it after a family member passed away. If there's anybody out there who could tell me more about it or is interested in buying one, feel free to contact me or reply to this post. I can send pics.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
chemed
post Feb 25 2019, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Comet

Member No.: 777

Our school district has a couple of these. They usually have a star cylinder projector (at least the older ones do). I could give you any info you need but I'm not interested in buying it. I would recommend, if you're not going to use it, donating it to your local school district.

-Adam

+Quote Post
Elz8156
post Feb 25 2019, 04:09 PM
Post #3

Interstellar Medium

QUOTE(chemed @ Feb 25 2019, 04:30 PM) *
Our school district has a couple of these. They usually have a star cylinder projector (at least the older ones do). I could give you any info you need but I'm not interested in buying it. I would recommend, if you're not going to use it, donating it to your local school district.

-Adam

+Quote Post
Ron Walker
post Feb 25 2019, 08:12 PM
Post #4

Galaxy Super Cluster

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 16

You never know what the market is for this stuff. I'm guessing what you have is the original type with the small incandescent lamp. Post some pictures of the entire projector and then with the star cylinder removed so we can see the light source. Then we can give you a better idea of the value.

+Quote Post
Elz8156
post Feb 27 2019, 02:33 PM
Post #5

Interstellar Medium

Thanks for the replies. Yup, I'm finding out it's a very small market! Not something to sell on Ebay lol. I tried the school route and it just sat in their storage for a couple years. So here I am. I think the projection system is dated but the dome is in mint condition. Thanks again.

grandrapids.craigslist.org/for/d/hastings-starlab/6829647207.html

+Quote Post
slshanks
post Feb 28 2019, 08:24 PM
Post #6

Interstellar Medium

Member No.: 3,659

QUOTE(Elz8156 @ Feb 27 2019, 04:33 PM) *
Thanks for the replies. Yup, I'm finding out it's a very small market! Not something to sell on Ebay lol. I tried the school route and it just sat in their storage for a couple years. So here I am. I think the projection system is dated but the dome is in mint condition. Thanks again.

grandrapids.craigslist.org/for/d/hastings-starlab/6829647207.html

I'm sharing your post with Susan Button, the person in the US to contact with portable planetarium matters. sbuttonq2c@gmail.com

Some museums, especially those with planetariums like the Chaffee, also have portables they use for outreach. Last I heard, Emily Hromi was theater manager - ehromi@grpm.org.

Good luck!

Sharon Shanks

+Quote Post
slshanks
post Feb 28 2019, 08:28 PM
Post #7

Interstellar Medium

QUOTE(slshanks @ Feb 28 2019, 10:24 PM) *
I'm sharing your post with Susan Button, the person in the US to contact with portable planetarium matters. sbuttonq2c@gmail.com

Some museums, especially those with planetariums like the Chaffee, also have portables they use for outreach. Last I heard, Emily Hromi was theater manager - ehromi@grpm.org.

Good luck!

Sharon Shanks

Also - who was your relative? If he/she was active with the portable, it's quite possible we would know him (International Planetarium Society).

Sharon

+Quote Post
Elz8156
post Mar 6 2019, 07:30 PM
Post #8

Interstellar Medium

Thanks for the information, I will try them both. The planetarium was my aunt's, Kendra Johncock. She used the starlab all around southeast Wisconsin and was a part time astronomy professor.

+Quote Post
slshanks
post Mar 6 2019, 07:40 PM
Post #9

Interstellar Medium

QUOTE(Elz8156 @ Mar 6 2019, 09:30 PM) *
Thanks for the information, I will try them both. The planetarium was my aunt's, Kendra Johncock. She used the starlab all around southeast Wisconsin and was a part time astronomy professor.

Thanks for the name, and apologies on the assumption on the gender.
(IMG:http://www.observatorycentral.com/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

You can contact me directly at sharon.shanks@gmail.com if you'd like more information from Susan or if you'd like us to spread the word to a wider audience.

Sharon

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2019 - 12:25 AM