Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Automating an Ash Dome with MaxDome-II
solarblast
post Apr 12 2012, 10:57 AM
Post #1

Interstellar Medium

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,410

I have a 10.5' Ash dome, and am in the process of automating az and shutter using MaxDome-II. Does anyone have any experience or tips with this sort of work? I'm in N. California NE of Sacramento.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Greg Mueller
post Apr 12 2012, 11:07 AM
Post #2

Dust Disk

Member No.: 467

I have the same stuff except for a 12' dome, but have not set up either, since the economy has stalled out my NM project.

Anyone want to buy some property in Cloudcroft (IMG:http://www.observatorycentral.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
solarblast
post Apr 12 2012, 11:26 AM
Post #3

Interstellar Medium

QUOTE(Greg Mueller @ Apr 12 2012, 10:07 AM) *
I have the same stuff except for a 12' dome, but have not set up either, since the economy has stalled out my NM project.

Anyone want to buy some property in Cloudcroft (IMG:http://www.observatorycentral.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Did you successfully install the az and shutter automation? If not, maybe you should sell the MaxDomeII kit. I have the kit and am assembling other parts to finish it off. It's been very difficult to find anyone who has done this, but we are underway.

I've had my dome for about 10 years. I should have gotten a 12 footer. It gets a little tight in there.

Although this forum is supposed to be for Ash, it has few posts about them. Do you know about the Yahoo Group for obs. You might try to sell your Cloudcroft site there.

+Quote Post
Greg Mueller
post Apr 12 2012, 11:32 AM
Post #4

Dust Disk

QUOTE(solarblast @ Apr 12 2012, 09:26 AM) *
Did you successfully install the az and shutter automation?

I have not even set up the dome yet. I have the foundation in but the economy fell apart and so the project stalled.
My project is located in Western NM (Rockies) and the property I have for sale is in Eastern NM just out of Cloudcroft.

The project topic is here

http://www.observatorycentral.com/index.php?showtopic=1216

It awaits the economy and the sale of the properties. I'm getting impatient.

Now I have to have back surgery so probably the property will sale and I'll have to wait on ME to get going

It's always somethin

+Quote Post
Ron Walker
post Apr 12 2012, 01:10 PM
Post #5

Galaxy Super Cluster

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 16

QUOTE(Greg Mueller @ Apr 12 2012, 10:32 AM) *
I have not even set up the dome yet. I have the foundation in but the economy fell apart and so the project stalled.
My project is located in Western NM (Rockies) and the property I have for sale is in Eastern NM just out of Cloudcroft.

Now I have to have back surgery so probably the property will sale and I'll have to wait on ME to get going

It's always somethin

Hi Greg,

Were you able to get the house liveable or is the entire project in limbo? Are you still living up in Washington?

+Quote Post
solarblast
post Apr 12 2012, 01:12 PM
Post #6

Interstellar Medium

QUOTE(Greg Mueller @ Apr 12 2012, 10:32 AM) *

It's always somethin

I'm familiar with cloudcroft. Was there 11 years ago. The property looks open to the sky. Just hope Greece doesn't default on its debt. That may affect the USA badly, but not as bad as Europe.

+Quote Post
Ron Walker
post Apr 12 2012, 01:51 PM
Post #7

Galaxy Super Cluster

QUOTE(solarblast @ Apr 12 2012, 12:12 PM) *
I'm familiar with cloudcroft. Was there 11 years ago. The property looks open to the sky. Just hope Greece doesn't default on its debt. That may affect the USA badly, but not as bad as Europe.

It's interesting that Greece is spending something like 113% of its gross national product on its debt. Default is more like when not if. Everyone talks about the end of the world in 2012. The world will not end, but life as we know it just might.

+Quote Post
Greg Mueller
post Apr 12 2012, 02:22 PM
Post #8

Dust Disk

QUOTE(Ron Walker @ Apr 12 2012, 11:10 AM) *
Hi Greg,

Were you able to get the house liveable or is the entire project in limbo? Are you still living up in Washington?

Nah it's the same place it's been for years. Still waiting for property to sell.
Got the roof on and it's wrapped, but no windows. Got the rough in plumbing done.

Some day.....

+Quote Post
Ron Walker
post Oct 19 2012, 05:43 PM
Post #9

Galaxy Super Cluster

QUOTE(Greg Mueller @ Apr 12 2012, 01:22 PM) *
Nah it's the same place it's been for years. Still waiting for property to sell.
Got the roof on and it's wrapped, but no windows. Got the rough in plumbing done.

Some day.....

Sorry to hear things have come to a halt. I know the feeling. Everything seems to conspire against getting any project done these days. I'm still moving forward but at a much smaller pace as I really can't afford to hire any outside help and must do it all myself. Keeps one young, I guess.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th September 2019 - 12:23 AM