Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Planetarium Parts and Manuals Needed and Available
Ron Walker
post May 17 2007, 09:44 AM
Post #1

Galaxy Super Cluster

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 16

As per Owens suggestion. Here is a place where we can look for parts and/or manuals that we may need or just want to add to our collections.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Owen Phairis
post May 17 2007, 01:38 PM
Post #2

Galaxy

Group: Members
Member No.: 487

Hi,

I am looking for coordinate projectors and planet projectors to complete
my Spitz A1.

Thanks,

Owen
Spitz A1, Spitz A3P, GOTO S2, Nova III
www.pictorialism.com

Attached File  43965933_o.jpg ( 52.75k ) Number of downloads: 2

+Quote Post
pielock373
post May 20 2007, 08:42 AM
Post #3

Interstellar Medium

Member No.: 498

Hi Everyone, I finally found time to sign up and stop lurking...

Owen

I have many of the missing pieces that you need for your machine, let me know if I can help?

Steve Pielock
pielock@pielock.com

+Quote Post
Ron Walker
post May 20 2007, 11:18 AM
Post #4

Galaxy Super Cluster

QUOTE(pielock373 @ May 20 2007, 07:42 AM) *
Hi Everyone, I finally found time to sign up and stop lurking...

Owen

I have many of the missing pieces that you need for your machine, let me know if I can help?

Steve Pielock
pielock@pielock.com

Hi Steve, and welcome to our little corner of the world.

For those that don't know Steve or of him, he is one of only two people that I know of that dabble deeply in planetariums and parts for such. Having dealt with both, I can say without hesitation that Steve is the much more reasonable in terms of cost. He is also very willing to talk and answer questions. I would recommend him highly.

If you haven't been to his web site yet, I would recommend it highly. Great pictures and information about smaller commercial planetarium projectors. I have spent a lot of time over there drooling over his pictures.

http://www.pielock.com/

+Quote Post
Owen Phairis
post May 21 2007, 08:01 AM
Post #5

Galaxy

Hi,

I am also looking for a Milkyway for my Nova III.

Thanks,
Owen
Spitz A1, A3P, Nova III, GOTO S2
www.pictorialism.com

Attached File  Nova1E.jpg ( 77.96k ) Number of downloads: 4

+Quote Post
Ron Walker
post May 21 2007, 11:23 AM
Post #6

Galaxy Super Cluster

QUOTE(Owen Phairis @ May 21 2007, 07:01 AM) *
Hi,

I am also looking for a Milkyway for my Nova III.

Thanks,
Owen
Spitz A1, A3P, Nova III, GOTO S2
www.pictorialism.com

Attached File  Nova1E.jpg ( 77.96k ) Number of downloads: 4

If you can't find an original replacement we might be able to make one fairly easily.

+Quote Post
pielock373
post May 21 2007, 11:56 AM
Post #7

Interstellar Medium

Hi Owen

I have the Milky way projectors in stock for $15

Steve

QUOTE(Ron Walker @ May 21 2007, 12:23 PM) *
If you can't find an original replacement we might be able to make one fairly easily.

+Quote Post
Ron Walker
post May 21 2007, 12:15 PM
Post #8

Galaxy Super Cluster

QUOTE(pielock373 @ May 21 2007, 10:56 AM) *
Hi Owen

Steve

As usual, Steve comes through! (IMG:http://www.observatorycentral.com/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I don't think you could get the parts to make it for $15. (IMG:http://www.observatorycentral.com/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) And this is an original replacement part.

I'd go for it Owen.

+Quote Post
Owen Phairis
post May 21 2007, 12:51 PM
Post #9

Galaxy

QUOTE(pielock373 @ May 21 2007, 10:56 AM) *
Hi Owen

Steve

Thanks Steve,

I will take one!
I phoned you this morning and left a message on your machine.
I would like pricing on A1 parts too.
Thanks again,
Owen

+Quote Post
Owen Phairis
post May 22 2007, 09:14 AM
Post #10

Galaxy

Hi,

Steve has come through with the Nova III Milkyway projector and the missing parts for the Spitz A1, including: Triangle projectors, Co-ordinate projector and planet plate and some planet projectors and misc. I will be mailing him a check today. They need some work, but it will be well worth it!

Thanks to Steve and everyone for their help!

Owen (IMG:http://www.observatorycentral.com/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Spitz A1, A3P, Nova III, GOTO S-2
www.pictorialism.com

+Quote Post
Ken Miller
post May 22 2007, 10:37 AM
Post #11

Star

Member No.: 106

I had actually dispared of finding any planet projectors for my Spitz Model A Deluxe. Steve if you are viewing this, do you have anything I can use? I could also use a few replacement lenses for my Spitz A3 starball (incandescent lamp).

+Quote Post
Ron Walker
post May 22 2007, 01:01 PM
Post #12

Galaxy Super Cluster

Yes, Steve is also getting me a copy of all the manuals for the A3P. A check will be on the way today Steve or PayPal. I'll call you.

+Quote Post
mrgare5050
post May 23 2007, 05:28 AM
Post #13

Gare

Member No.: 61

This may sound strange, but I'd like ANYTHING with a ZEISS logo on it - I've got Spitz metal logo's, I've made my own out of brass plaques, but I'd love to just have the NAME in my theater on anything metal.

gares unusual requests

+Quote Post
pielock373
post May 23 2007, 06:11 AM
Post #14

Interstellar Medium

QUOTE(Ken Miller @ May 22 2007, 12:37 PM) *
I had actually dispared of finding any planet projectors for my Spitz Model A Deluxe. Steve if you are viewing this, do you have anything I can use? I could also use a few replacement lenses for my Spitz A3 starball (incandescent lamp).

Hi Ken

I donít have any Lenses for the star ball but I do have some early Spitz planet projector tubes. These are prototypes that Spitz used on one of the first model Aís. I have 6 tubes only (No banana jack mountings) with lens and lamp sources and one of them has a phasing moon plate. I received them from Spitz Inc. about fifteen years ago. I always intended on restoring them but never got around to it. You would have to modify them by building the banana jack swivel but the tubes all look complete. I believe there are 5 planets, moon and sun. I will put a picture up tonight when I get home on observatory central and give you the first chance at them.

Steve

+Quote Post
Ken Miller
post May 23 2007, 08:52 AM
Post #15

Star

QUOTE(pielock373 @ May 23 2007, 05:11 AM) *
Hi Ken

I donít have any Lenses for the star ball but I do have some early Spitz planet projector tubes. These are prototypes that Spitz used on one of the first model Aís. I have 6 tubes only (No banana jack mountings) with lens and lamp sources and one of them has a phasing moon plate. I received them from Spitz Inc. about fifteen years ago. I always intended on restoring them but never got around to it. You would have to modify them by building the banana jack swivel but the tubes all look complete. I believe there are 5 planets, moon and sun. I will put a picture up tonight when I get home on observatory central and give you the first chance at them.

Steve

Steve

I am very interested! I can deal with any electrical details, and with mechanical details to a lesser extent. I should be able to get it going.

Ken

+Quote Post
pielock373
post May 23 2007, 04:28 PM
Post #16

Interstellar Medium

QUOTE(Ken Miller @ May 23 2007, 10:52 AM) *
Steve

I am very interested! I can deal with any electrical details, and with mechanical details to a lesser extent. I should be able to get it going.

Ken

Hi Ken

Here is the picture of then, I am looking to get $50 each for a total of $350 ship[ping included.

Steve
Attached File(s)
Attached File  Picture_009.jpg ( 16.64k ) Number of downloads: 4

+Quote Post
Ken Miller
post May 24 2007, 09:38 AM
Post #17

Star

Considering that I am kind of in the dark as to how it all goes together, I wouldn't be able to justify paying that much money. It would be ideal if I could actually see one of the model A projectors set up with the planet projectors. I have only seen a couple of pictures that didn't show enough detail to help me much. If I could see some detailed pictures and/or drawings, I might be able to work from that.

UPDATE: Some of the postings got shuffled off to another heading, so I'm adding a little more information to this posting. I did learn more by studying some photos that I was able to find. I do not have the ecliptic disk that has banana sockets around the perifery to allow mounting the projector tubes. These tubes would need to be clamped to a ball-socket joint that has a banana plug on it for mounting to the ecliptic disk. Furthermore my Model A projector does not have electrical slip rings for supplying power to the projector tubes. I would have to come up with all those missing pieces in order to use the projectors that Steve Pielock has. Alternatively, I would have to come with a completely new approach to mounting the planet projectors.

I think this project is more trouble than it's worth at this point in time, so I'm going to shelve it for now.

If anybody else wants to buy those projectors from Steve, go ahead.

+Quote Post
Ken Miller
post May 24 2007, 11:07 PM
Post #18

Star

I need to get my Starland projector re-assembled, and try to sell it. I won't take long to complete that project. Is anybody interested in buying it? I was very impressed with the beauty of the projected starfield. It is very crisp and bright. My only complaint with it was not being able to easily pick out the constellations from all the bright stars. It was suffering partly from direct comparison with my professional Spitz planetarium projectors. I think some of the stars could be drilled out slightly larger to set them apart. Dimming the lamp might actually help, and as an extreme measure some of the dimmer stars could be blacked out. Anyway, my criticism may come from my perfectionist nature, and from the fact that I'm used to seeing the diminished starfields of city skies.

Here's a photo:

Attached File  starland.jpg ( 93.73k ) Number of downloads: 4

+Quote Post
mrgare5050
post May 28 2007, 10:18 AM
Post #19

Gare

Member No.: 61

QUOTE(Ken Miller @ May 25 2007, 05:07 AM) *
I need to get my Starland projector re-assembled, and try to sell it. I won't take long to complete that project. Is anybody interested in buying it? I was very impressed with the beauty of the projected starfield. It is very crisp and bright. My only complaint with it was not being able to easily pick out the constellations from all the bright stars. It was suffering partly from direct comparison with my professional Spitz planetarium projectors. I think some of the stars could be drilled out slightly larger to set them apart. Dimming the lamp might actually help, and as an extreme measure some of the dimmer stars could be blacked out. Anyway, my criticism may come from my perfectionist nature, and from the fact that I'm used to seeing the diminished starfields of city skies.

Here's a photo:

Attached File  starland.jpg ( 93.73k ) Number of downloads: 4

hey ken did you get page 130? on this subject, in talking with ed albin before, i almost think he makes these for less scien tific purposes than for more of a art piece - hence the marble base etc - he tells me he floats them across the bedroom celing at night.. he works i think in a pro planetarium so this is more esoteric than realistic, just a thought.

got anymore of those BIG variacs? i LOVE the ones you sent! gare

+Quote Post
Ken Miller
post May 28 2007, 12:16 PM
Post #20

Star

QUOTE(mrgare5050 @ May 28 2007, 09:18 AM) *
hey ken did you get page 130? on this subject, in talking with ed albin before, i almost think he makes these for less scien tific purposes than for more of a art piece - hence the marble base etc - he tells me he floats them across the bedroom celing at night.. he works i think in a pro planetarium so this is more esoteric than realistic, just a thought.

got anymore of those BIG variacs? i LOVE the ones you sent! gare

Gare

I'm still waiting for page 130.

I don't have any big variacs that I was considering getting rid of. If you are interested in one, I can keep an eye out. The big ones cost too much to ship. I run into a guy every now and then that puts together medium size (5 Amp) variacs in very nicely finished wooden boxes. He gets something like $45 for them. I have one around here someplace if you want me to take a picture for you.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st August 2019 - 08:45 PM