> Spitz A4 available (for free or close to it), Planetarium projector available
Charlie Miller
post Aug 2 2018, 10:46 AM
Post #1

Moon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,129

Hello,
I have a Spitz Space Systems model A4 planetarium projector that needs a new home. Will give it away to a non-profit, library, science center, museum, or other public outreach group. Will sell it for a bit more.
This is fully functional. Likely needs new electrolytic capacitors to filter out some 60Hz wobbling seen in the moon projector drive. Has updated arc-lamp starlight source for near blue-white light.
Contact me here or at cmiller.iowa@gmail DOT com if interested. I can help set it up.

Photo of unit attached (sorry for low resolution!)

Attached File(s)
Attached File  SpitzA4.jpg ( 4.52k ) Number of downloads: 0

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrgare5050
post Aug 2 2018, 03:22 PM
Post #2

Gare

Member No.: 61

QUOTE(Charlie Miller @ Aug 2 2018, 04:46 PM) *
Hello,
I have a Spitz Space Systems model A4 planetarium projector that needs a new home. Will give it away to a non-profit, library, science center, museum, or other public outreach group. Will sell it for a bit more.
This is fully functional. Likely needs new electrolytic capacitors to filter out some 60Hz wobbling seen in the moon projector drive. Has updated arc-lamp starlight source for near blue-white light.
Contact me here or at cmiller.iowa@gmail DOT com if interested. I can help set it up.

Photo of unit attached (sorry for low resolution!)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charlie, you arent getting out of planetariums i hope, where have you been? hows the cylinder?

+Quote Post
Charlie Miller
post Aug 2 2018, 05:54 PM
Post #3

Moon

QUOTE(mrgare5050 @ Aug 2 2018, 04:22 PM) *
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Charlie, you arent getting out of planetariums i hope, where have you been? hows the cylinder?

I've had some "life reversals" as of late so that fun projects are harder to pull off. For example, no longer living in a house (and no shop!)

Yep, it's hard to give up on this, but I'm more in survival mode these days.

Hope you are well, Gare..

+Quote Post
mrgare5050
post Aug 12 2018, 02:36 PM
Post #4

Gare

Member No.: 61

QUOTE(Charlie Miller @ Aug 2 2018, 11:54 PM) *
I've had some "life reversals" as of late so that fun projects are harder to pull off. For example, no longer living in a house (and no shop!)

Yep, it's hard to give up on this, but I'm more in survival mode these days.

Hope you are well, Gare..

Hey, didnt see this - Im well done and retired! well feel free to utilze the OC Support Group (Ron doesnt know about)...... wait, actually everybody here has talked about life situations. want to hear about my bad foot? hope all is well!

+Quote Post
Charlie Miller
post Aug 22 2018, 10:36 AM
Post #5

Moon

Hi folks,
Just an update. I've given my Spitz A4 away (to a group in LaCrosse, WI) with the hope that they'll be able to execute a community plan for more astronomy / science-ed outreach.
Sounds like some key players in their community are pro-planetarium, which is great. I'll miss the A4, but it was just stored in my ex-wife's garage, not doing anything.
It was a funny experience (my outreach nonprofit). Just did not have the heft (or ground conditions were insufficient) to realize my dream in the Iowa City area. I think it's their loss!
Best to all on the OC site. (I still have my home-built star projector, hoping to restart outreach efforts once I depart the Chicago area).

+Quote Post
moonmagic
post Aug 24 2018, 11:41 PM
Post #6

Star

Member No.: 875

Charlie,
Glad you were able to find someone who will make use of it. We all know these things are labors of love, however life circumstances change things. I hope you situation improves and that maybe you are able to find a community that is a little more fired up to your outreach. Continued best wishes. mm

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th August 2019 - 06:48 AM