Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WELCOME
Ron Walker
post Jan 30 2007, 08:03 PM
Post #1

Galaxy Super Cluster

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 16

Well, I opened my big mouth and this is the result.

Actually I believe this could turn out to be a fun forum for all of you out there hiding in the bushes and peering in from time to time at our little web site. It could also be fun for those of us that have an opinion about every little thing and don't mind telling the rest of us about it.

I have often wondered how the first experience with one's first scope affected ones affliction with this most awesome hobby.

Did it make you want to come out every night and trade your 24 inch screen for a 2.4 inch Unitron, as the old ad's foretold?

Did it immediately turn you off and say something like, "What a waste of money!!!"?

Did it encourage you to go out and spend more on a new and better scope?

What did you like about your first scope?

What didn't you like about it?

For some of us, that first scope could now be half a century old, for others it could still be a wish in a catalog. So let's start this discussion. Take pictures and scan them in, every-one's opinion is welcome here.

Even if you haven't purchased your first scope yet, I'm sure there are a lot of folks here that would love to help you out.

I'm going to go dig out some old ad's for my first scope and start this thread going.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2019 - 02:52 AM