Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sega Homestar Original Vs Classic
Ashkabarnya
post Jan 7 2018, 11:01 PM
Post #1

Interstellar Medium

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,715

I’m planning to get a simple home planetarium and trying to choose between Sega Homestar Original and Sega Homestar Classic. I was not able to figure out how they differ. Could you please advise? Thank you in advance.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ron Walker
post Jan 8 2018, 12:18 PM
Post #2

Galaxy Super Cluster

Group: Root Admin
Member No.: 16

I have not found anyplace that actually shows you the difference. My gut tells me that as the units "improve" the changes are incorporated into the entire line. Basically the guts are the same in every version except the pro series. The original started out with a one watt LED and a switch activated by the slide drawer and now I believe they all have a three watt LED and the slide switch has been removed.

Ken did a direct comparison between the standard (classic) and the pro model here:

http://www.observatorycentral.com/index.php?showtopic=2660

I believe the pro model uses a slightly larger disc then the original and some third party producers have made some "improved" discs but I have no first hand knowledge of them. I do have a very early model of the original with the one watt lamp and you can read my review here:

http://www.observatorycentral.com/index.php?showtopic=504

Unfortunately all of the pictures that were originally with this review were stored at a different location which no longer exists. I have them somewhere, but.... Perhaps one day I will do a comparison of all of the different projectors I have on the dome.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th June 2019 - 02:52 AM