IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Elbow Room?, Does the POD provide you enough "elbow room"?
John LV
post Feb 1 2009, 08:47 AM
Post #1

Interstellar Medium

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,190

Greetings!
I've got a competitors dome on order and plan on putting it on a 10' x 10' square building. However, now I realize that I may need to trim my project budget substantially. Enter the POD XL3. My concern is that the interior dimensions will leave me feeling quite cramped. What has been your experience? The POD would house my 110mm f/7.0 refractor on an equatorial mount.

Thanks, in advance, for your input!

John
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SteveDurham
post Feb 1 2009, 05:59 PM
Post #2

Star Cluster

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

You will miss the extra room. My Explora-dome sits on a 10 foot diameter base. Knowing what I know now, I would rather have it on a 10 ft square building for the extra room the corners afford. I cannot imagine trying to use a POD. I've a friend who has a SN10 on a G-11 in a POD. He set it up and now controls it from the living room of his house due to the lack of space in the POD.

Steve

+Quote Post
Chet R Biggersta...
post Dec 9 2009, 10:25 AM
Post #3

Interstellar Medium

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,536

If your going to use your scope on a tripod there will be little room to move but there is room, Now if you use an offset peir youll have a considerable amount to move around in. If you get a pod that has the bays all of your equipment can be in there and not take up "foot space". I am waiting on my pod xl5 now and plan on making a peir for my cgem/edgehd 11 imaging scope as I want to be able to use my scope in the warmer months from inside the pod but for the colder months I run USB cables to my living room to contorl everything remotly as its waaaaay to sold to sit out there. If you are wanting an ob that has a lot of movement room then this may not be for you but if haveing just nuff space to get in and use the sope for visual use and not much more isnt a problem you cant go wrong with the pod. They will easily outlast my lifetime and they are easy to move wink.gif

QUOTE(SteveDurham @ Feb 1 2009, 05:59 PM) *
You will miss the extra room. My Explora-dome sits on a 10 foot diameter base. Knowing what I know now, I would rather have it on a 10 ft square building for the extra room the corners afford. I cannot imagine trying to use a POD. I've a friend who has a SN10 on a G-11 in a POD. He set it up and now controls it from the living room of his house due to the lack of space in the POD.

Steve

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd July 2019 - 04:42 AM