Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Cosmorama assembly and user manuals

distar97
post Jan 28 2009, 02:17 AM
Post #1

Interstellar Medium

Group: Members

I pulled out my Cosmorama tonight. I forgot how big this thing is. The box is just too cool. My wife commented how there is no suggested user age. But the box graphic suggest a kid of maybe 13 using it.

I scanned the Cosmorama users guide. Then I discovered my scanner is too small to scan the much larger assembly booklet. It's 10 x 14 inches. Maybe I'll try Kinkos.

The first 16 pages of the Users guide are actually a nice beginners tutorial on astronomy complete with 50's style graphics...something any kid could study and understand. Then the last 3 pages, the user's guide, gets much tougher. I'm convinced the guy that wrote the astronomy stuff was a talented astronomy based educator while the guy that did the User portion was a mechanical engineer. I can scan the 16 pages of astronomy if anyone wants to see it. And no, I'm not planning on assembling the kit right now. I'll get some pictures of the kit itself soon.

...hours later... I discovered scanning and getting detail is not easy. Then I discovered I can't generate usable PDF files. Then discovered the jpgs I made are too big for this site. I ended up putting them on my Astrokits site. Thats a whole separate topic. The Cosmorama user pages are on the left side.
http://distar97.googlepages.com/home
Also I'm not sure the scans are very good, my graphics card is failing. I'd rather buy astro gear I guess.
Cheers, Dennis H.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrgare5050
post Jan 31 2009, 06:30 AM
Post #2

Gare

well thats better than nothing dennis! who knows, i might find an old renwalls some day but with no book. i doubt if revell would mind copying instructions from a gizmo out of production for half a century! gare

--------------------

+Quote Post
58limited
post Jun 5 2011, 04:49 PM
Post #3

Interstellar Medium

My Gallery 

For anyone who is interested, I have the assembly manual posted on my website in PDF format:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~limited58/assembly.htm

--------------------
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. ~Ben Franklin

+Quote Post
mrgare5050
post Jun 5 2011, 05:29 PM
Post #4

Gare

QUOTE(58limited @ Jun 5 2011, 10:49 PM) *
For anyone who is interested, I have the assembly manual posted on my website in PDF format:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~limited58/assembly.htm

yeah Im big time interested, great! I'll try to print them out, its some consolation for not having one at least to have this, thanks g

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version   
Time is now: 25th July 2014 - 10:05 AM
Skin by ibskins