Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: portable planetarıum, fulldome show , equıpment
Observatory Central > Planetarium Forum > Planetariums as a hobby > Planetarium Presentations ~ programs, education, music, and effects
erolkaragoz
I am in the need of movies that I can use in portable planetariums. The movies will be used for educational purposes in schools. Could you help me out finding movies for reasonable price.

Ron Walker
Are you talking just regular "flat screen" films or "full dome or mirror programs?"

I hate to say it, but I don't think there are many (if any) completed shows that are available inexpensively. One must remember that a full dome show is very much like a movie with like costs. In order to make a profit one needs substantial sales and there are not a lot of full dome planetariums out there. There are some suppliers of single shots that can be used but are captured at various levels of detail. Some of the larger planetaria with a budget for such things are starting to make their own and then leasing them out to re-coupe some of the production costs.

There are some programs that were made under federal grants and are available for a small duplication fee. A program called, "Two Small Pieces Of Glass", comes to mind.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.