Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Computing in the Home Planetarium
Observatory Central > Planetarium Forum > Planetariums as a hobby > Planetarium Presentations ~ programs, education, music, and effects
mrgare5050
do we have this category already? ive finally moved a computer out to my star theater, and i SO need a laptop, but this will have to do for now. ive done this first for the sound effects, but i wonder what else i can do with it..

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Ron Walker
You can also add "slides" and video clips for projection onto the dome. Everything in the way of audio visual that you need for your presentations.
mrgare5050
Wow, this is so much easier than playing Cds in the Dark! I have my first show soundtrack 'alpha' loaded into the Music Maker software, all I do is get it playing and turn off the monitor and away it goes! The computer was easily interfaced with an old radio shack PA amplifier I literally brought home from the county dump one day, it works perfectly, about 35 watts.. i just needed a mini to phone plug adaptor I had lying around (I'm the king of adaptors). The Big Bang effect taxes my poor speakers though, must have quite a bit of dynamic range. I may end up doing just the opposite of what I first intended, I was thinking I have long playing sound tracks on CDS and special effects on the computer, but the need to have the computer monitor switched off may mean I have the long playing background on the computer, and cue up the Big Bang on CD at the start of the show. I have a third separate CD based sound system for background music during entry and exit of the patrons (should there at some point BE any patrons smile.gif)

g
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.