Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Intro to image stacking: Step-by-step
Observatory Central > Equipment Discussions > Software, Books & Mags
bloodhound31
Like a lot of astrophotographers, I get repeated questions on how to do things that although may seem simple, I have to remind myself that they were once beyond me...

So last night, I sat up all night and stacked some images in Deep Sky Stacker, taking screenshots all the way and writing down what I did as I went.

Hopefully this can answer a lot of questions and get the new blood in the game well on their way to adding to the richness of images proliferating amateur astronomy.

http://www.asignobservatory.com/index.php?...&Itemid=125

Have a crack, enjoy and let's see what you new folks can do!!! YEEEHHARRR!

Baz. smile.gif
Ron Walker
Thanks Baz.

This is the kind of stuff that will come in handy once I get my OB up and running. These things are a great mystery to me and your outline will sure to prove helpful.
bloodhound31
QUOTE(Ron Walker @ Oct 8 2009, 05:34 AM) *
Thanks Baz.

This is the kind of stuff that will come in handy once I get my OB up and running. These things are a great mystery to me and your outline will sure to prove helpful.

Hey Ron, my pleasure mate. It's not much, but it's more than I had when I started. I only hope it helps.

Cheers mate.

Baz.

P.S. Quiet little forum isn't it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.